cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor M0F0
Contributor

Galaxy Tab S4 Android 9 firmware update timeline

The international versions started receiving the Android Pie update 2 weeks ago, but this flagship tablet isn't even on your firmware update list. Can you please give us an estimate timeline to when the Optus firmware version will be getting the update? Or at least confirm if they use the stock Samsung firmware and if I should be hitting them up for info instead? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Galaxy Tab S4 Android 9 firmware update timeline

Optus doesn't use "Stock firmware", they often will use customised firmware for Optus specifically.

Given it's only a few weeks since it got released, Optus will be doing a tonne of testing which yes delays the daylights out of it, but it will eventually appear.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I am pretty sure it has Aus stock firmware - hence why it is not on the firmware update list.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

My tab has no Optus bloatware not even the usual Optus app so there may be some truth in the Aus stock firmware. I must say I was once excited with firmware updates however with Samsung, Google and now Microsoft all shafting each other to install their crap I think it might be time to give Apple another go.

0 Kudos
New Contributor mazxmazx
New Contributor

It has been > 4 months that tab s4 has not received any update, my Optus Tab S4 still sitting at Dec 2018 security patch along with Android 8, this is totally unacceptable for how Optus and/or Samsung releases firmware, shockingly bad customer support!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

As Optus have no control nor firmware version for this - its up to Samsung Australia to release. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor mazxmazx
New Contributor

I thought Optus has to do some form of testing before is pushed to OTA release. Fair enough, if that is the case, shame on the manufacturer not taking care of their customer...

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

The S4 tablet does not have carrier specific firmware in Australia, software updates are direct from the manufacturer, in this case Samsung Australia. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor mazxmazx
New Contributor

noted, thanks for the info

0 Kudos
Top Contributors