Searching...
Highlighted

Galaxy S8 and S8+ Shipping Now?

[ Edited ]
foylema

Hello

I have seen today that people who are with Telstra, Vodafone and even Woolworths Mobile have been sent tracking imfomation for there new S8 and S8+ handsets and are due for delivery Tomorrow the 19th! Even a rep from Woolworth Mobile on the Whirpool Forum comfimed that they have started shipping handsets today.

What going on with Optus? All the other networks have started shipping today?

Cheers

Re: Galaxy S8 and S8+ Shipping Now?

azzarock1970

I ordered the 8+ on the 3rd April with Telstra, had notification yesterday that the shipping notice was received and the item was picked up at 9.33 am by Brightstar Depot. I'm outside the Perth metro area so hoping to receive it by Friday.

Received from Vodafone at 9pm says my order has been shipped.

bliss81

according to an Optus rep i chatted with, Optus is receiving the handsets in its warehouse on the 21st so no chance of getting it before then. likely next week. boohoo!

foylema

If this is tue what a joke. Woolworth Mobile have better commincation. 

Marcel

Heya! We did have this up on our website that we're only starting to ship our phones out from the 21/04. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

foylema

But then on Twitter Pete said this?

"Hey! I can confirm deliveries for the Samsung S8/8+ pre-orders is set for the 21st. Pete"

I will be pretty dissipointed if i dont get my new phone on Friday!!!

Joshaldo

Yeah, this is pretty poor for Optus! Every other network has shipped early and communicated this. Starting to wish I didn't preorder through optus, won't make that mistake again. 

Tejas51

i'm stuggling to justify why i bothered ordering online from optus.

i could have pre-ordered in store, walked in on friday and picked it up. instead i oredered online, making things easier for optus yet i'm getting penalised for this.

it's not a good experiance, especilly when it still says on your website "delivers from 21st april 2017" - if you are only getting stock on the 21st, than you won't be deliering on the 21st will you? bit of lie there right...

Marcel

We're happy to pass on your feedback and we certainly take it on-board, however we have been up front by saying on our website that deliveries will start to happen on the 21/04. So this is not something we're only saying now - this has been on our website for a some time. Also, let me clarify that we will get stock before the 21/04 and deliveries will start to happen from the 21/04 onwards. Please also keep in mind that deliveries will happen on first come - first serve basis, as we follow a queue based system.  

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Tejas51

so which is it? above you said

"Heya! We did have this up on our website that we're only starting to ship our phones out from the 21/04. "

and than you said deliveries would start on the 21/04.

maybe you can get your story straight?

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo