Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Galaxy S7 Edge won't update via OTA

Navycso

Notice board indicates Android 7.0 has been released to the S7 Edge however my phone is still showing 6.0.1. I have tried to manually update, cleared cache, tried over wifi and network but it still tells me my software is up to date with Adrpid 6.0.1.

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge won't update via OTA

SamSam

Did you buy it from Optus? As in is there an Optus logo when you boot the phone up? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Navycso

Yes, it is however a refurbished phone i recieved from Optus after my first s7 edge died.

SamSam

I've seen someone else with the same problem on here. I remember it was a Samsung handset but can't remember the model. I think they actually took it to a Samsung store who helped them out but you're right about the update, 7.0 is ready for you according to this article - https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Android-Software-Updates-29-08-2017/ba-p/309539

Any chance there's a Samsung store near by? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
34 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos