cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Navycso
New Contributor

Galaxy S7 Edge won't update via OTA

Notice board indicates Android 7.0 has been released to the S7 Edge however my phone is still showing 6.0.1. I have tried to manually update, cleared cache, tried over wifi and network but it still tells me my software is up to date with Adrpid 6.0.1.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge won't update via OTA

Did you buy it from Optus? As in is there an Optus logo when you boot the phone up? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor Navycso
New Contributor

Yes, it is however a refurbished phone i recieved from Optus after my first s7 edge died.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I've seen someone else with the same problem on here. I remember it was a Samsung handset but can't remember the model. I think they actually took it to a Samsung store who helped them out but you're right about the update, 7.0 is ready for you according to this article - https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Android-Software-Updates-29-08-2017/ba-p/309539

Any chance there's a Samsung store near by? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Top Contributors