Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Galaxy Note 9 hotspot not working

Robertybobbity

Hi,

I have just joined Optus and got my Note 9. All good, except hotspot and bluetooth internet do not work at all. USB tethering is the only method I can get to work. I have set it all up correctly, get the right password etc. but the message back is "Unable to connect to this network". My old S5 worked perfectly - what gives with the Note 9? (and to save time, yes, I've followed the troubleshooting guide exactly ... several times).

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Re: Galaxy Note 9 hotspot not working

Yeldarb

Yes all my Galaxy devices have worked first time everytime with the hotspot and I don't recall reading anything on the forum about the Note. If it's a new phone it might be worth doing a factory reset as that may be the quickest method to fix the fault.

Highlighted

petergdownload

Does sound like a faulty device. Perhaps try with another device to confirm. 

The idea to factory reset is good too.

Peter Gillespie

Solution

Robertybobbity

Thank you for that - I have it working now. I didn't need to go quite as drastic as a factory reset, but a reboot of both devices seemed to do it. Not sure which one needed the reboot, but appears to work as expected now. Cheers!

Yeldarb

Yep the good old restart everything often fixes these problems and it's something I often assume people have allready done. Glad it's all working again for you. Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
20 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos