Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Adnan_ali
New Contributor
New Contributor

Galaxy Note 8 Display discoloration issue

I have experienced display discoloration issue after April 2020 security update. My phone was working fine and abruptly my display got disturbed. Now black colour is not completely black but a little gray. Also while watching videos display of black has some tinted effect. This change of colour is more visible when brightness is low. Anybody having any idea what could be the possible reason or how to fix it?

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Display discoloration issue

There are display modes in the settings I believe. Perhaps these got reset or the default changed.

You can adjust the settings by going to Settings – Display – Color Mode. There you can select one of the four options available including Adaptive display, AMOLED cinema, AMOLED photo, or Basic. You can also adjust the color balance by going into Advanced Options.

Less likely is this tip:

You can also try dialing *#15987# to adjust the red tint of the display.
Tags (1)
Adnan_ali
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have tried all the options/ possible remedial measures you have jotted down above. Additionally I have also switched on my phone in safe mode but the issue persists.
However, there's one thing that is bothering me that this issue started when I opened WhatsApp and after 10 days while I was normally using WhatsApp I experienced a reversal to normal display colors for a while like a minute or so but that didn't last long. This happened 2 times on same day after some interval. After that I didn't experience anything and my display has gone really bad. It's very hard to watch any video having a dark background or colour scheme.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The security update might be a coincidence (it is very unlikely that sort of update changed any UI looks etc.) How old is the phone? It might need to be returned or have the screen replaced.

0 Kudos
Adnan_ali
New Contributor
New Contributor

It is more than 2 years old.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors