cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor FTunedAU
Occasional Contributor

Galaxy Keyboard issues on S7 & S9

Ok I have a strange issue that I havent seen convered anywhere with Android Keyboards, this happens on both of my phones, One is a brand new S9 and the other an S7 Edge which has had a full factory reset.

Not all the time, but in certain dialogue boxes where you need to fill in information the next key typed pretty much replicates what is already written? Example would be If I was to type "insane" what actually comes up is "iininsinsainsaninsane"

I have tried aftermarket keyboards,factory resets all kinds, and this is on both phones, and doesnt happen with all dialogue boxes just some

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Occasional Contributor lilou2093
Occasional Contributor

Re: Galaxy Keyboard issues on S7 & S9

or almost any keyboard problem your first step is a quick reboot of the phone. Press and hold the power button and hit Restart. When the phone reboots the keyboard should go back to full working order.

Next, if the keyboard is still missing try clearing the cache for the Samsung keyboard app. This is actually easier than it sounds. Go to Settings > Apps > All Apps > and scroll down until you find Samsung Keyboard. Now, just tap on it and select Force Stop. You can also click on Storage, then clear the keyboard data and cache. Just know that this might delete your saved dictionary.

Samsung’s keyboard learns from your typing habits over time, and gradually get more accurate when it comes to autocorrect or word predictions. However, we all know that sometimes that doesn’t happen at all. In fact, a lot of the time autocorrect ruins a perfectly normal word or sentence, which is very frustrating. Try typing “to/too”, “home” or “come”, and you might get “top”, “hone”, and “cone” instead. That’s the autocorrect feature failing, so here’s how to fix it.

Simply turn off autocorrect, or change the settings shown above. Go back to your keyboard settings following the instructions we mentioned earlier, and change auto spell check and auto-replace. By turning this off the phone won’t automatically replace words and mess up your sentences.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Reboots have been done, as mentioned the S7 has had a fresh reset.

S9 doesnt have Samsung Keyboard in the Apps list ... neither does the S7

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Are you getting this effect everywhere, or just on stupid javascript logins written by Optus?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

On approx 10-15% of dialogue boxes

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor lilou2093
Occasional Contributor

Samsung’s keyboard learns from your typing habits over time, and gradually get more accurate when it comes to autocorrect or word predictions. However, we all know that sometimes that doesn’t happen at all. In fact, a lot of the time autocorrect ruins a perfectly normal word or sentence, which is very frustrating. Try typing “to/too”, “home” or “come”, and you might get “top”, “hone”, and “cone” instead. That’s the autocorrect feature failing, so here’s how to fix it. Notepad++

Simply turn off autocorrect, or change the settings shown above. Malwarebytes Go back to your keyboard settings following the instructions we mentioned earlier, and change auto spell check and auto-replace. By turning this off the phone won’t automatically replace words and mess up your sentences...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

still does it

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey FTunedAU,

If you're still experiencing this issue with both your Samsung's we'd suggest getting in contact with Samsung to eliminate any possibility of a hardware related fault.

Let us know if you need a hand with anything else in the mean time! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Strange that it happens on 2 phones. Could be demonic possession.

Or something to do with the common internet access method.

To be clear: this does happen on my Samsung Tab 4 (Kitkat) Chrome on Optus logins and the security number on the credit card when I pay.

0 Kudos
New Contributor ShaneP1
New Contributor

I was also having a similar issue but i went to the service center and they flashed the whole system again like brand new and i think that fixed it because i dont have that issue anymore on my Galaxy S7.

0 Kudos