Searching...

Mobile

Frustration with Boomerang and customer system

[ Edited ]
Satchmo

Hi,

I received my new phone Huawei mate 10 pro just before Christmas as part of the 24 month postpaid plan. There is an annoying problem with the back camera when I try to take photos of people. Once the camera detects the subject as a person, it will apply the "optimisation mode for portrait", this is the AI process Huawei proudly promotes for mate 10 pro. Unfortunately this function doesn't work properly on my phone: it adds a reddish colour on shooting subject, making the skin and lips colour really unnatural.

I noticed this problem at the first day but only confirmed it when I compared it with a demo phone in one of the local Optus shop. I explained this issue with the staff in local store, they agreed with me and helped me to send my phone to Boomerang for repair. A few days later, the phone came back with exact the issue. Again the local store staff helped to lodge the second requirement for repair. They even took photos from both my phone the demo phone in the store to clarify the issue.

Yesterday I revived SMS saying the phone was on the way back to store, so I contacted the store and was told Boomerang didn't identify any problem. Feeling frustrated, I lodged an online conversation with Optus customer service. The outcome of the conversation was very positive as the customer service staff guaranteed that I should be able to request an replacement of my phone as it's still with 30 days after the purchase and I have right to ask for replacement of faulty device.

This afternoon, after receiving message from the local store that my phone was back, I went to the store with the copy of my contract and the record of online conversation hoping to lodge a replacement. However, it turned out I still have to lodge a THIRD repair request to Boomerang (but escalate to high tech service as I was told) before I can request a replacement. To make it worse, because there is no stock of Huawei Mate 10 pro at warehouse at the moment, I have no idea when and how to get a new phone (my local store doesn't have any either).

I don't quite understand how come Boomerang team failed to identify the issue of my phone twice. All they did was just factory reset and update the system which I already did before sending out the phone.

As a new customer of Optus, I really expect a good service or at least a decent respect. All the time I have wasted and the frustration I have bear can be avoided if Boomerang team can do a better job or the customer service can handle the case more efficiently. My contract started on 22nd December and I don't know what happens when 30 days pass and the phone has not been replaced by then. If so, the only option I can think about is terminating my contract.

I really hope this forum is the place to draw attention of Optus service team and other customers and to get my issue fixed as soon as possible.

Here is my last two BASC case numbers: 01288476, 01284157. The new BASC number has not been sent to my account as it was generated today after 5 pm.

Regards

Hao

Re: Frustration with Boomerang and customer system

10000000000GB

Toomey

Hey Hao, sorry you're having issues with your new phone. I'm afraid the store is correct that your phone will need to be sent away for a third time to be escalated higher.

Another option is to approach Huawei directly. All new mobile devices sold in Australia come with a 24 month manufacturer's warranty and Optus can send you a proof of purchase if required. Have you checked their website here? → Huawei Waranty

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Satchmo

Thanks for your reply. However, I don't think it's fair to ask customer to chase for warranty for a brand new product sold by Optus.

Satchmo

Thanks for the info. I will give a go once the phone is back. 

Marie

No worries @Satchmo, let us know how you go with it.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Satchmo

Just want to update my case: still waiting Boomerang send me an update! 

Dan_C

@Satchmo, you're welcome to send us a PM with your account details → http://yesopt.us/pmdan.

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. If you could include the BASC reference, that'd be really handy. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Satchmo

Any update of my case? Can anyone from Optus please help me to chase up my case? How long does it take to exam a mobile phone? A week? Two weeks? This is not acceptable!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
39 Kudos
23 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos