Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor RRD
New Contributor

Re: Free samsung earbuds

@  Hi, please let me know if I need to start a separate thread, but I have an issue also related to the ear bud promotion. 

I purchased the phone plan from Optus 24/11 online. The major consideration to me was the offer of free wireless ear buds. Received the phone 28/11.  Ear buds not in package - my assumption was that these were to be provided by Optus (no email or details order to indicate other wise) - sim card had not arrived yet so assumed ear bids would come with sim.

Called Optus 2/12 to follow up - advised it was a Samsung promotion, put on hold with Samsung for 45 mins then "sorry we are too busy message" and call dropped.

Called Optus 3/12 and they advised could be redeemed through Samsung website. Call Samsung and they say "sorry" it's past 30/11 so can't redeem (I only received phone 28/11 and had no idea was Samsung promotion).... also advised by Samsung "why did you not just buy the phone earlier in October?" and "we could do this all day sir".  

I believe that the time frame for redemption provided is unacceptable. And I think it is Optus' responsibility to make this sort of thing (external supplier redemption and time frames) extremely clear. I hoping there may still be a way to happily rectify in this case. As a long term customer of Optus and Samsung really not happy with these practices. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You're right @Daniellea17

We've sent screenshots through to the campaign managers showing that we had a number of customers sign up on Black Friday. The Black Friday offer went live on the 29th of November and closed on the 2/12/19.

The screenshots we've received do show that the Galaxy Bud offer was advertised. Now, we're finding out whether that was in error or if the promotion end date was in-fact extended.

The communication I previously received state that the offer was valid between the 8/10/19 - 25/11/19. Redemption via the Samsung promotional website closed on the 30/11/19. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Daniellea17
Occasional Contributor

I contacted Samsung directly and they said the promo had ended. Samsung provided the same promotion end date of 25/11/19. Maybe you might have more luck finding out more from information Samsung

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@RRD, the scenario you've described is a separate issue entirely. For those who couldn't redeem their offer due to a delivery delay, you'll need to:

Email Samsung via promos.au@samsung.com 

You'll need confirm the date purchased / processed and a copy of your proof of purchase 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

What they've advised is correct. The issue needs to be resolved on our side. 

We'll continue to monitor and update this thread as more information comes through. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor kongsan
New Contributor

Morning Dan_C

Is it normal for Samsung to take over 14 day to validate submitted claims. I submitted a claim on the 21st Nov 2019 still in submitted status.

Bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB was instructed to claim via Samsung redemption site. 

Phone was purchased on the 18th of Nov 2019.

Cheers,

Kong San 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes @kongsan from previous exp with s9+ promo with jbl headphones samsung take their sweet time. Delivery can then take a month to be dispatched too
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Have you received an email confirming validating the redemption? That should have come through within 14-days.

We've been advised that the Galaxy Buds will be delivered within 30 days of receiving the confirmation email.

Tracking details are sent in a separate email after the claim confirmation email. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Rubysapra
New Contributor

Hey
This link doesn't work !!
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, we're still waiting on today's update from the team.

If we do receive more information this afternoon, we'll let you all know. 

The link won't work @Rubysapra. If you've signed up for the new GS10 5G  Gift with purchase offer, you'll need to redeem via →   https://www.samsung.com/au/offer/

0 Kudos
Top Contributors