Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Daniellea17
Occasional Contributor

Re: Free samsung earbuds

Yes thats right I purchased a 60gb plan with a Samsung S10 and the earbuds were on offer with it. When I tried to talk to samsung they said that I purchased outside their promotion dates and to refer back to optus.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for looking into it for me

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for that. I've had another customer come through who's in the exact same position.

We'll get back to you guys with some more info. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor wizardofoz18
New Contributor

Re: Samsung Earbud Promo

Hi @Dan_C , 

i also have the same problem as this thread and the other one along with a user who posted about if on the optus facebook page under black friday sales post (sarah was responding to him)

i can also 100% confirm that the screen shot was virtually the same as you showed but showing the ear buds instead of the other thing.  i signed up for the deal on 1/12/19 as an upgrade

0 Kudos
New Contributor MJG21
New Contributor

Re: Samsung Earbud Promo

Hi again Dan_C,
A bit over a day ago you were going to look into the issue of the advertised Free Samsung Earbuds that were promoted on the Optus website.
It appears many others will also be very interested in hearing of the outcome.
Can you please update us of what you were able to find out thanks.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Failure to read the not so fine print. Everywhere I saw it advertised the dates were clear.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Also you have not specified how you contracted. In store or online. This promotion was provided by Samsung and not by Optus and was actually open to closing early or late as well with the disclaimer of stocks last. If any consolation from all accounts the buds are lacklustre I’d take the speaker.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I purchased my contract online and I did not see any end dates when purchasing. That is not the point either way. Why is the onus on me and not optus for advertising a free item with purchase as part of of my contract a week after the promotion ended?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys.

Thanks for all of your patience. 

We'll be in touch with an update later this afternoon.  

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

FYI - I've merged the two threads we have on this topic. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors