Searching...

Mobile

Does Optus having Google Home mean Google Pixel 2 is coming?

M0F0

Now that you have the Google Home, does that mean you'll likely be getting the next Pixel phones? I really want a Pixel XL 2 and don't want to buy it outright (or have to move to Telstra). 

Will you also be bundling the Home with plans? 

Re: Does Optus having Google Home mean Google Pixel 2 is coming?

SamSam

I hope so! But you won't get an answer on here until it's officially announced and the Pixel 2 doesn't even have a release date. As a positive for us, it's not uncommon for manufacturers to partner with 1 telco in a country for the launch of their first handset and then expand as they release their 2nd, 3rd and 4th generations so lets keep our fingers crossed that's what google do! 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

JordanOptus

Hey M0F0, at this point in time I wouldn't be too sure, but if there's any announcements we'll let you know Smiley Happy 

In My Account you can actually choose to receive notifications about different types of phones coming out to us too!

Cheers,

Jordan

M0F0

Where do you set these notifications? The link you posted just goes to a help page. 

JordanOptus

Ah right! Easily explained though, just log into My Account, then go to Profile > My Subscriptions > Handset PreRegistration Smiley Happy

Currently because we don't stock the Pixel, the option for Google isn't there, but if we do end up stocking it, it will definitely be there too.

Cheers,

Jordan

Gilmouri

I read the Pixel 2 will be exclusive to Telstra. As much as I dislike Telstra all the Optus customers who aren't interested in purchasing the phone outright will be left with no choice as to change carrier.  It's exciting times ahead for Google and Google hardware and I want to be part of it so let's hope Optus can pull some strings and make it happen otherwise they will loose customers. 

Highlighted

Raggie

After 25 years with Optus, i still stuck by when they didnt get the G6, then no Nokia 8 finally no Pixel. 

thisbroke my heart and i was super upset - I thought maybe Pixel 2 - nope just found out they dont have that. 

I cant afford to buy this outright - i pay for a plan, data and even insurace. 

Optus - you are loosing a very very loyal customer - https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/google?TR:TRSmiley Surprisedct17:corpSmiley Tongueostmob:bill:topSmiley Tongueixelfom

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
58 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos