cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor UPM
New Contributor

Diverted landline calls not being answered by mobile voicemail

I have a motorola 2nd gen mobile with optus, I have set up voicemail and when the mobile number is called and  goes unanswered after 4 rings the calls go to my voicmail.  I have permanently diverted my business landline to this mobile but when the diverted landline calls go unanswered after 4 rings the calls disconnect and they dont go to my mobile phone voicemail, why does this happen?  Please help as this is costing me business as no messages can be left by customers.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Diverted landline calls not being answered by mobile voicemail

it wont go to voicemail for mobile, you need to setup the voicemail for landline.

0 Kudos
New Contributor UPM
New Contributor

even though all the calls are permanently diverted to the mobile? 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Yes,

New Contributor UPM
New Contributor

Ok I have setup voicemail on my landline, recorded a message, can get remote access to messages left, but the same thing is still happening, landline diverts to mobile number and just disconnects each time.  Is there any thing else you can  suggest to fix this problem?

Thank you

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, @UPM.

It could be a back end provisioning issue. You'd initially called us to organise a fixed/permanent call diversion from your landline service to your mobile? The mobile doesn't ring at all; you're simply prompted with an engaged tone? Out of interest have you tried to place the diversion manually via the landline handset (dialing *78 and entering the number you wish to divert your calls to? 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Swifty4
New Contributor

I have this problem too. Mine is not a permanent diversion - I turn it on when I'm out of the office with *78. People just get a generic message "The person you are calling is not available" instead of the greeting I recorded on my mobile voicemail. Both the landline and the mobile are Optus.

Should I have started another thread? If so, sorry - I'm new here.

I have just wasted 2 hours on the phone with Optus being transferred back and forth between the landline and mobile departments several times and being given conflicting information. At least one of the fellows rang me back to tell me the information he had given me was wrong (after he had discussed it with his colleagues).

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Could you send a PM with your full name, number, DOB and a contact number @Swifty4? I'm not totally sure what would be causing this, I can have a case raised with our Tech Support team though

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor cedededwe
Occasional Contributor

Faced the same issue, try voicemail with landline, that might solve the issue brother.

Regards,

Cede

New Contributor Kittles
New Contributor

Hi, How did you resolve this problem? As we're having the same issue of the forwarded calls are disconnecting after 4 rings and not going to the mobile voicemail.
Thanks

Kit

0 Kudos
Top Contributors