cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor shamiee
New Contributor

Connecting to wifi

I am having trouble connecting my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge to my optus wifi router. I have previously been able to automatically connect whenever I am in range. My desktop is still connected but for some reason even when sitting my phone right beside the wifi, the phone will not recognize the wifi at all...PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Connecting to wifi

I'll apologize before saying this but have you rebooted your phone. Just turn the phone off, wait 10 seconds and turn the phone back on. It is not unusual for a phone not to pick up the wi-fi connections for some reason.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Connecting to wifi

Hi @shamiee 

Sorry to hear this. As per @Davelew response above, have you restarted your phone? Are you still experiencing this issue? If your PC is picking up the wifi connection, then we'll need to focus as to why your handset is not picking up the connection. Can you please advise if this issue is still occurring? 

0 Kudos