cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Trevor1107
New Contributor

Chat service

I can't find the chat service. Is it still available?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chat service

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I briefly touched on this in another thread. We've moved away from "Live Chat" and transitioned to "Messaging."

We'll have an article up on the forum explaining the changes in a bit more detail.

Similar concept, but with a few major differences:

- Asynchronous communication, customers have the added convenience of being able to enter and leave the interaction whenever they please
- Customers receive a push notification when the agent has replied to their enquiry
- Conversation history is always available on both sides of the conversation, providing context

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well that's disappointing to hear they have done away with the live chat. I don't see any benefit to anyone with a messaging system however it's their ball game.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Both communication types have their advantages. Sometimes, it depends the complexity of the enquiry. 

The intention is for customers to be able to respond back at their own pace. Potentially, if the issue is a simple one, it can be treated as a chat service. 

When I was in our Social Media response team, we worked off a very similar model. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I suspect it has more to do with support being able to respond at their own pace and this is something I don't think will end well for anyone. I guess we shall see by the complaints on the forum.

0 Kudos