Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Buying a Note 8 online

Having much trouble upgrading my current Plan, to the $79/mnth Note 8 (Gold) Plan...

It is impossible to simply PURCHASE and the "CHAT" is slow (dumb) in responding.

I have left instructions there for my order, as above, to no avail.

(I was told the item is in stock, contrary to the status in the Online Store)

Ready now. Wish to collect in the Queen St. store in BNE 4000 tomorrow, thanks!

Email, or xxxxxx.

- Edit, personal details. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Buying a Note 8 online

Probably not best to leave your mobile number up here but you can edit your post still.

Good luck with the order though, Live Chat is probably your best bet, can take a little while for mods to get back to you on here. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Still no "luck"... Frustrating.

Also, unable to edit my post, as suggested.?, pls.

(Yes; I am obviously logged-on.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@TomZorro, I've taken care of that for you.

I've run through our daily stock report and there's a temporary stop sell on the Note 8.

There's no stock currently available in the warehouse and we expect limited delivery from the manufacturer in the near future.

The stock report we have is only for digital sales i.e. Online Sales direct, Live chat & Tele-sales.

Your best bet is to head into your local Optus store to see whether they have stock on hand.

FYI - you can't place an order online and organise to pick up the handset from a store. Retail and digital are given a separate allocation of handsets.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_C; thank you.

Regarding the stock allocation, etc.: what a cumbersome,

archaic system.

In the days of Customer-centricity

and high competition,

an ITC business like Optus should do better than that, don't you think...

(Rhetorical question.)

Also, if the current promotion ($79/mnth. Plan)

apparently ends in February,

the inability to supply is deemed as a breach of contract by Optus unless the offer is extended.

Back-ordering may solve it if the Customer gets compensated for the inconvenience.

Kindly pass on to the Optus' decision-makers, please.

Many Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@TomZorro,

I completely understand the sentiment.

I wouldn't say it's a breach of contract, unless you've put pen to paper. As far as the ACCC is concerned, I guess it comes down to the average amount of Note 8's sold per week. If for example, we sell on average 100 Note 8's per week but went out with the promo offer knowing that we only had 80 handsets available then yes, there could be a breach. That isn't the case in this scenario.

The Note 8 was one of 3 eligible handsets on the $79.00 promo plan.

The offer is available on selected handsets, whilst stocks last.

$79 My Plan Plus

• iPhone 7 Plus 256GB
  • iPhone 8+ (64GB and 256GB)
  • Samsung Note 8

I've contacted a team member in marketing and asked whether we are doing back-orders and if so, which sales channel is handling these requests. I'll let you know once I have more info.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Oh...K.

I went back to Optus "Chat",

apparently, the only option to get the promotion (new Plan, with Note8).

After spending over a half an hour with "Alexis K" this morning,

I am still none the wiser and still don't know if/when my new Plan and handpiece will be delivered...(?)

I've agreed to a two-week delivery timeline,

but our chat came to a stalemate, when "Alexis K", reading from the script,

would not accept my work-delivery address

(obviously much safer and more convenient, than having it delivered home and "carded", while I'm not there...).

I asked for it to be referred to a Manager and had to split; have no idea where it stands now...

What a brothel.

Why does it have to be this hard..?

Surely the Client calls the tune, not some archaic "System", come on, Optus!

I ask for some decision-making, Client-centric manager to email me,

with a satisfactory, end solution, now, pls.

How can I help you, Optus? There is so much!

T.Z.

*moderated*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same situation ..  but I went one further .. I went to an optus store and was told that I could have that deal in store .. but to get that deal I would have to forfeit my number which I haver had for over 20+ years for a new one ..   SO .. I rang 133937 .. asked to speak to a manager ... however didnt need to even talk to a manager ... who was in a meeting anyway!!

The lady I bitched to told me that there is a back order on the Note 8 .. bur .. I was now on the list .. My plan was changed Immediately to the $79 deal and I confirmed that the phone will be delivered before a month .. which suits me seeing that I still have a month left on my current plan anyway.

I think the *Talk to a Manager* was what got me through because I had already spoken to a sales person throughout the week and was told that The deal was there but not for the Note 8 .. which is not what the web page said .. I also had used the *Chat Online* and was told the same thing ..  Anyway .. this comment is a hell ofa nicer that what preceeded it before I deleted and retyped this comment

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey guys @TomZorro @GregH, can you send us a private message with your account details? 

I just want to have a scroll through the account notes and confirm what you've been advised. 

If there's a wait list, I'm going to need to try and dig up a copy. At this point, we haven't been advised of such.

It's something that we've done in the past but It's best I confirm.

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. Follow the URL I've linked below:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

0 Kudos