cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Sladeking
New Contributor

Bluetooth detection issues with samsung a5

My new samsung a5 has trouble my jabra bluetooth headset. It was working fine the first time i tried.

I remember that i coupled my old phone to my samsung a5, and since then, it couldnt detect my bluetooth headset anymore. I tried uncoupling my old phone from my new, it didnt work.

Whats the solution?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Bluetooth detection issues with samsung a5

Have you tried repairing the Jabra headset to your Samsung A5?

It's possible your bluetooth headset forgot the pairing when you used a new phone.

-------------------

Loyal Optus customer. My opinions are my own.
New Contributor

Well, it actually doesnt show up on my screen. It keeps saying that its undetectable. I tried turning on and off my bluetooth headset, still doesnt work.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey Sladeking, have you tried pairing the headset to another phone? Worth doing to narrow down a problem.

Cheers,

Jordan

0 Kudos
New Contributor

To find out if the headset is the problem? I havent yet. I'll try and i'll let you know if it worked.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

No worries, let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Jordan

New Contributor

Jordan, i tried pairing my headset with another phone like you told me. Found out that the headset really was the problem. Thx to you, i decided to call the JABRA company, and someone gave me instructions to make it work again:

Step 1: I pressed and hold the answer button on my headset for 5 seconds to turn it off.

Step 2: I double tapped the answer button and saw the LED flashing a few times before it stopped. It resets my headset.

Step 3: 

I repeated step 1 to turn it back on. When the LED stayed lit, my phone could detect it again. 

Thx for your help!

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Sladeking, I'm glad Jordan could help with your enquiry. Please do let us know if you  need a hand with anything else. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors