Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Xalies
Contributor
Contributor

Automatic Timezone detection

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why my phone is getting the incorrect timezone with "get timezone automaticlly" checked on my S7?

I am from Cessnock NSW and should be getting the timezone for Sydney but it keeps getting Lord Howe Island. It keeps screwing my dates/appts in my calendar (not so much of problem now but after daylight savings it will be)

I know I can set it manually in the settings but will that also stop the phone from changing by itself for daylight savings?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Automatic Timezone detection

@Xalies, I'd suggest deselecting Automatic time zone detection.

I'd then reboot the handset and make sure that you're connected to a mobile Network and not WiFi. Go in and re-flag Automatic Time zone detection. Let us know if that makes any difference.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
PBMB1
New Contributor
New Contributor

I HAVE CALLING NUMBER DISPLAY ON MY OPTUS LANDLINE THAT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THAT DAYLIGHT SAVING HAS ARRIVED. THIS APPEARS TO BE A NETWORK PROBLEM AND HAPPENS TWICE A YEAR WHEN DAYLIGHT SAVING IS ON/OFF.

IF CAUSES PROBLEMS WITH VOICE MAIL AND I WOULD APPRECIATE IT BEING FIXED.....

BEST REGARDS

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

Hey there @pbm1, thanks for reaching out.

I recommend following the steps provided in our Landline help and support page 

Let us know how you end up going with this.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors