cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Are you aware of the upcoming Android changes?

Are any of our Yes Crowd members readers of Google's Android blog?

Interesting to see Android is moving away from naming their releases after tasty treats! I was hoping to see Queen of Puddings! Smiley Very Happy Ice cream sandwich was my personal favourite.

And they are changing their logo!

What are your thoughts?

I'm sure our loyal followers of our Android Software Updates forum thread are anxiously awaiting the eventual release of Android 10!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Are you aware of the upcoming Android changes?

I was wishing that everyone just move to the native android release so we didnt have to rely on telcos nor manufacturers such as Samsung for releases. 

Telcos still have their settings via config download just like what apple does with ios. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Are you aware of the upcoming Android changes?

Hi @Ray_YC 

You were nearly right with Queen of Puddings, I see Android Q would have been called Queen Cake. Doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Hoping my pixcel phone will get the update next week, always good fun looking through the changes.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy