cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Kotzaaa
New Contributor

Anyone getting less than 4 hours screen-on-time on their S9?

My battery dropped 30% in 45 minutes (absurd) on first use, so I performed a factory reset and everything seemed to be going fine.... but now the poor battery problems are back and i'm getting just over 3 hours use (no YouTube, no gaming, just social media). 

I've heard if you let it calibrate by letting it drop to 0% a couple times it should settle, but i'm not experiencing this. 

Anyone else?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone getting less than 4 hours screen-on-time on their S9?

Does sound like a dud unit. Keep trying that calibration. 

Also check the % left is actually realistic - i.e. does the power actually run out after 4 hours?

You should also be able to see which apps are using the power in the settings.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Anyone getting less than 4 hours screen-on-time on their S9?

If the issues continue, it may be worth having a technician access the device. You can drop it off at an Optus store, but it will need to be sent away for a few days. If you live near a Samsung store, they may have technicians on site that can check it out while you wait. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors