Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Android update

I am receiving messages (constantly) on my Apple IPad about this update. I don’t currently own an android device. This message, apart from driving me insane, is now preventing me from using safari or Google as a search engine. Can anyone tell me how to remove this from my device?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Android update

How are you receiving the message? I've never heard of this before so it actually sounds like some form of marlware or other nasty. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It just appeared on my screen a few days ago. I have not attempted to open it. I spoke to an Optus rep instore yesyerday and he did not seem to,even to understand Android update. The message now appears whenever I try to use the internet.

i have a screen shot. Now if onlt there was an Optus person to show it to.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

As Sam said it sounds like some form of malicious code especially if it trys to launch with your internet. You might be better off to take it to an Apple store or do a backup and reset.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for trying to help. As it turned out it was all pukka even if very annoying. When my better half currently o/s saw a screen shot I sent he recognised certain info so was able to give me advice based on that.

I was able to log into a computer install the update and all is good.

you folk are a lot more helpful than Optus believe me.

many thanks!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Happy to be wrong and I am glad your better half has a better idea on what it is. Cheers!

0 Kudos