Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Android start up

Loobie

Can anyone tell me if when you get a new Android Samsung galaxy does an email address have to be entered bed oi re you can access the internet on these phones. I was just wondering where the phone got my gmail from as I didn't have to enter it on this new phone of mine it was already on as an account. Also should there be any red or blue lights that should come on when you have a message or if you put you r phone on charge. Non ee stop of mine ever come on at all from new out of the box. When I got the phone I put it on char the over night then the next day went through the process of putting my details in but it never asked for my gmail or any other email address it also didn't ask for my WiFi password our whatever it is called it just hooked up with my dodo WiFi reference showing on my phone. The WiFi was showing locked with security as well. Is that normal??

Android samsung galaxy J5pro

Loobie

Can anyone tell me if when you get a new Android Samsung galaxy does an email address have to be entered bed oi re you can access the internet on these phones. I was just wondering where the phone got my gmail from as I didn't have to enter it on this new phone of mine it was already on as an account. Also should there be any red or blue lights that should come on when you have a message or if you put you r phone on charge. Non ee stop of mine ever come on at all from new out of the box. When I got the phone I put it on char the over night then the next day went through the process of putting my details in but it never asked for my gmail or any other email address it also didn't ask for my WiFi password our whatever it is called it just hooked up with my dodo WiFi reference showing on my phone. The WiFi was showing locked with security as well. Is that normal??

Android galaxy j5 pro start up

Loobie

Re: Android galaxy j5 pro start up

Yeldarb

Depending on what you have backed up on previous Android phones the information can automatically appear on your new phone simply by logging into the Google Play store. Not sure about the lights and Google is your best friend for searching for info on that.

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/SM-J530YZKEXSA/

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/what-do-the-notification-lights-mean/

Re: Android start up

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

The email is optional (but as Android stores lots of settings and data in the cloud the phone.)

Sounds like you've used Smart Switch (that transfers data from another device or the cloud). Did you have another Samsung or iCloud Account? Its a bit hard to miss the process though.

If you had your phone SIM in place then probably it will have used that for inital data connections and imported your wifi settings as part of the Smart Switch. 

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos