Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Android Software Updates

Seems that way, looks like a lot of other carriers have released the beta already. And i hear that playstore system updates are now in the security settings. Oh the joys of being with Optus. They would even be late to their own funeral.
Occasional Contributor Legendary007
Occasional Contributor

@Ray_YC @Dan_C 

No response to questions yet? Loving the transparency, guys... Why aren't you listening to your customers?

We want faster updates, and we feel that if Optus allows us to join manufacturer beta tests or Optus beta tests that this process will be much quicker. The point of a beta is for testing, and anyone who joins would be fully aware that it may not be stable.

Considering the urgency stated by Google for the last few security patches, I'd have thought you would put a bit of priority in releasing it for all brands, alas here we are 1-2 months behind and still vulnerable.

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

So Nobody is going to respond and inform us what Optus know about Android 10 and Samsung S10 plus updates. We are just like always Mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed bulls**t.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

As we've mentioned in the past when asked, it's the same reply

" Samsung office advises that Australia is not part of the beta test program.

So this is not something Optus will be able to support. "

So there was no need to give another update.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Well its common courtesy to reply, especially considering you could have new customers or people new to Samsung and HAS NEVER SEEN YOUR PREVIOUS RESPONSE. It takes 30 seconds to reply. Its Good business practice.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No problems, glad we could get back to you. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

🤣🤣🤣 Thats the joke of the century. You got back to us? After several weeks and multiple requests. Astonishing. Optus at its best.
Occasional Contributor Legendary007
Occasional Contributor

We appreciate your reply, thank you for eventually getting back to us.
I understand that it may have been posted before, but there is a lack of in-post searching (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Is there no way that Optus can go above and beyond and try to discuss the possibility of something with Samsung? It's a longshot, but hopefully a reasonable question and request.
If you guys have tried this and have been unsuccessful, can you point us in the direction to best express our disappointment in not being able to participate in Beta testing?
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Jamallandit
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Seems that Samsung are releasing November Updates in Switzerland already and here we are still on September. We should have October updates already. https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s10-already-getting-november-security-update