cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Android Software Updates

Australia The Land That Time Forgot.

Seems almost everywhere except Australia and New Zealand have started receiving A10

Oh why are we just not so important downunder?

https://www.rprna.com/updates/one-ui/galaxy-s10-android-10-one-ui-2-0-rollout-expanding-in-more-coun...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm still on October security patch optus galaxy a30 don't get it why the update still has not came to my phone
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@Sammiller you're going to have to contact samsung on that one
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just an interesting point....  Another Australian phone carrier, starts with a V, have listed on their android update page that Android 10 is testing for the Samsung Galaxy 10 range of phones.

It may just be that the Optus version didn't arrive in time to be included on their update, or will arrive within a day or two.

Either way, the S10 range update to Android 10 is imminent.....

And to all those who go on with things like, "Optus should put pressure on Samsung to hurry these things up!", just remember, Australia by size is the 30th Mobile Smart phone, Samsung make up about 25% of the mobile market, and Optus are the second biggest operator in that mix.... not sure Samsung would really hurry anything up for that tiny market share of the globe.

At least this update is coming a lot quicker than previous Android updates from Samsung.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Dosent really matter if Australia is number 30 or 300 and customer base is also irrelevant.

As a company providing a product or service or both, the company should make every effort to satisfy the customer, this is how businesses flourish or sink.

And if you look at the distribution of the Android 10 firmware, you would see that smaller countries and companies have already released the updates.

I as a business, hassle my vendors for the best prices and delivery times, to ensure my customers remain happy and loyal.

And dont forget we are paying exubenant premium dollars for goods and services in Australia. We should be entitled to important treatment we are paying for.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Android 10 testing for the S10, S10+ & S10e has been completed as of the 13/12/19.

We expect customers to start receiving the update from Samsung over the course of the next 1-2 weeks. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Any news for EMUI10 P30/P30 pro? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Currently downloading the Android 10 update for the Galaxy S10..... 7:50pm, 18th Dec.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

For those who flashed the BDT (German) version of Android 10, to get the Aus optus update just use frija again, type in your phone model and use OPS as the CSC 👍
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Dan_C@
what does it mean "6CA enablement" with one ui 2?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Top Contributors