cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Android Software Updates

It's important to backup your phone using Smart Switch prior to doing anything like this.
Very important to backup, and to follow the instructions closely.
Ensure that you use the HOME CSC file, not the plain CSC, the plain one will wipe your phone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help guys. I'll try it out today. Just one more quick question. When optus do release their stable version of 10, how do you revert to that? Will it update via the playstore or in the software update tab in settings? Or will I have to revert my phone back to pie?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

All you have to do if the csc is different just download optus firmware from Sammobile and flash in odin like this method.
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have a 10e. Would I enter SM-G970F which is the s10e in Frija instead of SM-G975F as that is for the s10+?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Yes enter in your Model Number and it will find the correct firmware for your phone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Just to point out too, all the firmware on Frija comes from the Samsung server's so they are genuine.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How come I still have not got the latest software update for my optus Samsung galaxy a30
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

The latest update is the November Security patch for android 9
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey thanks Legendary007 and Dazkatmaka11! Did the flash to 10 yesterday and everything workes perfectly. Only shame is that gestures don't work with 3rd party apps yet and apps like good lock aren't updated to be compatible for 10 yet. Other than that it's been great and my battery life has actually improved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I was using lawnchair launcher but i decided to delete it last night and use stock again. I am astonished to see how much faster things are . I also decided to use Samsung internet browser instead of chrome. When i login in to my Optus account in chrome it takes about 80 seconds to load in properly, in Samsung its loading in 5 seconds.

With gestures i use Fluid Nav Gestures and ran the adb command to hide navigation bar and use the OneUI settings. Takes a little bit of fiddling with but all gestures work great with Lawnchair. I should imagine it does with other 3rd Party launchers.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors