cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Android Software Updates

Also seems that Telstra has already pushed the latest update...
Credit: SammobileCredit: Sammobile

What's happening, Optus?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Just got the October 1st update on my Galaxy S10 5G... Last day of the month. Completely skipped September update

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Received S10plus 1st October Updates .... wow things are improving 1st of November and we have an update. Notice now on the quick panel shade we have Media & Devices OptionsScreenshot_20191101-140842_Lawnchair.jpg

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

After reading about several S10plus users over on XDA, it is looking like OneUI BETA 2 and Android 10 have some major issues with security. Quite a number are experiencing inability to set pin, password, pattern security. Also a number of bugs. If its a little troubled this way then im in no rush to upgrade. Id rather wait for a non beta stable release. https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10-plus/how-to/bugs-oneui-2-0-android-10-beta-t3983463 https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10-plus/help/screen-lock-security-issue-g975f-q-beta-t3992757
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Legendary007  unfortunately Samsung HQ makes the decision regarding in which countries and areas that the Beta program will be offered.

The tech team have said to reach out to Samsung Australia or can pass on the details if you wish to put forward your interest however it would need to be at least half a dozen submissions, so if we have that many we can certainly send the details across to try the application.

Cheers

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I believe that Samsung has released a hotfix for the security issues on BETA 2, however that said im Still not convinced that its stabe enough from what i read, even though it would be nice to have some of those new OneUI 2 features, its probably for Optus for customer satisfaction and security to wait until the known bugs are ironed out.

As long as we keep receiving timely up to date security patches and any improvements to the existing firmware im happy to wait, hopefully we'll receive a OneUI 2 Android 10 stable version in the first quarter of 2020.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all. Just got the November update! G977BXXU2ASJ5
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mate 20 pro still on July security update
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Well well this is amazing, S10plus just got November Update, just 7 days in to November and 7 days after receiving October.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I just got it too on my s10e. Finally great to get the current month's security update in the first half of the same month. In the past I've had to wait a month and a half to receive it (ie August's update in the last third of September).
Top Contributors