Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
nickhayes153
New Contributor
New Contributor

Android 9.0 Pie for Samsung Galaxy A8

Hi There

My Grandfather has owned a Samsung Galaxy A8 on the $45 per month plan for nearly a year now, in this time the handset has received an update to Android 8.0 Oreo. Ive been reading that the phone has now received an update to Android 9.0 Pie overseas in most countries around the world, however, for some odd reason my Grandfathers handset has not notified him of any updates. Im not sure whether Samsung has released the update in Australia for the Galaxy A8 yet or if Optus has not yet done so? My main question is when will the Galaxy A8 receive this update to Android 9.0 Pie or whether it already has and my Grandpa needs to manually check for the update.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Android 9.0 Pie for Samsung Galaxy A8

Nothing flagged by Optus. You can only keep hitting update every week or so and see what happens.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Android 9.0 Pie for Samsung Galaxy A8

Hi there, 

Please see and check in on our regular Android Software Updates blog for news (not released yet for the A8).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors