Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Android 4.4.4 not running optus sport

Marty540

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running android 4.4.4. The optus sport application says it supports android 4.4 or higher but does not work properly on my phone. The app. loads and I can see menus but no video content or graphics show up on the screen. The home page is a black screen. Used to work fine.

Re: Android 4.4.4 not running optus sport

Dan_C

@Marty540, I haven't been advised of any recent changes to the OS requirements for Optus Sport.

I'll ask email the team and get their take.

I can see that we're still advising that Android 4.4 is supported on our support page. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

To add to this one @Marty540

I've had a read through the comments on the Google Play Store.

Seems as though there's a number of customers running on Android 6.0 and below having similar issues.

Are there any available software updates for you S3? 

1. Tap Setting from the Home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S3
  2. Tap More at the (top of the Settings menu)
  3. Tap Software update or System update
  4. Tap Check for updates

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Marty540

I loaded optus sport on my wife's phone which is running a more recent version of Android and the application works fine. Consequently, I am fairly certain that the issue is related to the version of Android running on my phone. Can't seem to update it as updates are set to automatic. Guess I  have no choice but to cancel the subscription.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos