cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

5G Mobile Coverage Map

Update: Our Network Coverage Map now shows 5G Home Broadband and 5G Mobile coverage. Enter your complete address and we'll let you if you're in a 5G coverage zone.

How to find out if you're located in a 5G coverage zone?

Find out if you're located in a 5G coverage zone by checking our Network Coverage Map. You'll be directed to the screen below:

5G coverage map.PNG

Follow the steps below to learn more about how to check 5G coverage at your address:

1. Enter your complete address into the address bar
  2. Select the relevant coverage layer (as per the screenshot above) 
  3. Select the Search button
  4. Refer to the map legend to confirm if you're located within in a 5G coverage area:

5G map key.PNG

5G home key.PNG

Where can I find more information about the Optus 5G roll-out?

To learn more about the Optus 5G roll-out, head to our 5G information page. You can also check out our expanding range of 5G capable handsets.

The coverage map says I'm not in a 5G area, but I want to be sure

If your address looks to be on the edge of a 5G coverage area, please speak with our sales team directly by messaging us via the My Optus app. Our experts will confirm if we're able to offer you a 5G Mobile or 5G Home Broadband service. 

If you have any questions, please leave a comment below 🙂

THE OPTUS 5G NETWORK*

These maps show approximate coverage of the Optus 5G network for Mobile and home services but does not include indoor coverage. The maps are an indication that you may be within a 5G serviceable area, it does not guarantee that your address is 5G serviceable. There may be technical or other reasons that affect your ability to access the service on the 5G network at your address. Local conditions, including but not limited to, the number of users, building materials, vegetation and terrain may impact your ability to connect to the Optus 5G network and the speed you experience. When not in a 5G coverage area, compatible devices will switch to the Optus 4G or 3G Network where it is available.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: 5G Coverage Map

It may shock Optus to learn that some of us don't have Facebook or Twitter. Any other way to find out if your home can get 5G?

Peter Gillespie
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Definitely, customers can click on the Contact Us link in the bottom left hand corner of this page for other methods including calling and messaging 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yep agree, I have enough trouble with this new forum layout let alone stuffing around Faceache and Twatter. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: 5G Mobile Coverage Map

I contacted both the sales and Facebook team as suggested as my property is 'on the cusp of 5G coverage' in fact I actually get 5G reception on my Note 10+ 5G in doors and yet the nobody was able to help me after 2 hours on the phone and an hour chatting to people online no assistance or even clear answers were able to be provided. I'm trying to give you my business!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors