cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
webmentors
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

is Optus 5g Deal Insane? - Best Home Internet deal Ever !

This is unbelievable speed, The Optus 5G Home Internet is THE Best Home Internet out there !Annotation 2020-06-20 142756.jpg 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
GTFO
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: is Optus 5g Deal Insane? - Best Home Internet deal Ever !

Its only good until more people take up the offer and your speed hovers around 50-70.
Enjoy it while it lasts I say.
0 Kudos
webmentors
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well I'm only 0.3 km from the 5G microwave oven 🙂 Thankfully I'm done with making kids, so microwave oven or not - who cares 🙂 The potential of the 5G at that distance is 10~50GB/s so that is where Optus hopefully will go in the future, ... hopefully ...

However even the 70-50Mb/s is a better deal than the NBN right now! 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It is indeed a great deal so long as you can get it. Individual results do vary quite widely still, which is why Optus only guarantee 50 Mbps. It will be interesting to see what all the major carriers do with their plans once its reaching more than 5% of the population. Until then enjoy.
0 Kudos
Alken
Contributor
Contributor

im dumping my 5g plan ,its the worst experience ever, im 400 metres from tower and modem needs ti be near window to connect . My advice DONT GET 5G AS THE SIGNAL DOES NOT PENTRATE INTO YOUR HOME . .

OPTUS IS A SCAMMING BUNCH THAT DOES NOT TELL THE TRUTH 

0 Kudos
GTFO
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Yeah, its not like they state: "We recommend that you position your modem close to a window to maximise signal strength."
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The in home functionality varies from house to house at the moment. That is why Optus provide the 5G 50Mbps guarantee and you are now able to return the equipment and leave the plan with zero fuss.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but I'm not sure what more you expect than that?
0 Kudos
Alken
Contributor
Contributor

Optus is all about being dishonest 

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Aiken, if you choose month to month plan and pay upfront for the modem then the upfront modem fee is applied on the first bill. Customers don`t pay when they pick up the modem. That`s why your first bill will be high. All our bills are itemised with the details of the charges. If you need to discuss your bill then you can speak with our billing team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  133937 - Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm AEST.

I can appreciate your frustration, however please refrain from swearing when communicating with us, as this is a breach of our T&C's. Repeated breaches may mean access to our page is blocked. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors