cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: VOIP Phone on Nokia 5G Modem

Hi guys

I'm pretty much in the same boat as iseek.

I have a VoIP account with Mynetfone and was using it perfectly with Optus Cable. However, I'm now with Optus 5G and I just found out that I can't use my VoIP services (I can receive calls but I can't make them) and have to migrate to NBN instead.

My Cable account is due to be cancelled on Monday 21 Sept.

In the meantime, Optus keep transferring me from pillar to post. As I type this, I'm about to be transferred to the EIGTH person in Optus in two calls so far totalling just over an hour... 😞

I'm open to solutions...

Cheers

Charlton

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@chuckls wrote:

I have a VoIP account with Mynetfone and was using it perfectly with Optus Cable. However, I'm now with Optus 5G and I just found out that I can't use my VoIP services (I can receive calls but I can't make them) 

That's strange as I would have expect the problem to receiving calls, no making them.

In the meantime, Optus keep transferring me from pillar to post. As I type this, I'm about to be transferred to the EIGTH person in Optus in two calls so far totalling just over an hour... 😞

Good luck, but you will be unlikely to get any help because your problem is with a 3rd-party service.  Your best bet (and correct thing to do) is to contact Mynetfone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

"...your problem is with a 3rd-party service. Your best bet (and correct thing to do) is to contact Mynetfone."

Actually, "No".
I spent well over an hour with MyNetfone and we went through every setting with a fine tooth comb and then concluded that the problem lies with Optus.

I subsequently spoke with 5G support at Optus and they confirmed that Optus does NOT allow VoIP on their 5G service at this time (with no ETA of when they will do so)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@chuckls wrote:
"...your problem is with a 3rd-party service. Your best bet (and correct thing to do) is to contact Mynetfone."

Actually, "No".
I spent well over an hour with MyNetfone and we went through every setting with a fine tooth comb and then concluded that the problem lies with Optus.

I still stand by my statement, although I probably should have said "first thing" rather than "Correct thing".

I would think that Mynetfone would know by now whether or not their VoIP product works on Optus 5G as they would no doubt have received at least some reports/complaints by now from their customers who have tried to get it to work. But maybe you are their first customer to try it.

I subsequently spoke with 5G support at Optus and they confirmed that Optus does NOT allow VoIP on their 5G service at this time (with no ETA of when they will do so)

Which would indicate the if Mynetfone received any reports/complaints that none of them should have been resolved, so at the very least they should have indicated that there were reported problems (again assuming you were not the first).

At least we know now that they don't allow it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The reason for this thread is because the OP is about a MyNetFone VoIP client who was having a similar problem with 5G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @chuckls, sorry for the confusion regarding your VoIP.

Yes its true Optus doesn't offer landline with a 5G modem. Now with regards to VoIP we are not sure if your account is still active with MyNetFone. What we can do is check if your Optus cable account is still active and try to stop the cancellation. 

Please refer to our messaging service Via My Optus App or My Account  and request them to check your Optus Cable account cancellation request. If the order is still in pending then they can stop it.  

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media (Facebook or Twitter) account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors