cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Jellyfish12
New Contributor
New Contributor

PointCook 5g Home internet

I live within 500 metres from a 5g tower and all the houses around me get 5g. Im the little Blip. Im trying to contact someone about the 5g plan but can't get through to anyone. Currently stuck on 4g 500GB but it's not unlimited and we only have old fibre. Telstra Velocity. We cant even get that setup. If someone could get us into someone in contact to answer my question or help me. I tried Optus in-store the employee told me the tower is right above me and activated in April but no word on when we are eligible for 5g. thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kartika

Re: PointCook 5g Home internet

Hi @Jellyfish12, you can always check the availability and serviceability of 5G at your your address → here. You can find the 5G Home internet plan details there as well. 

Here is our → 5G coverage map if that helps.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Jellyfish12
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ive been told i might be eligible even though it says my address isnt. On the map im next door to a house that is eligible for 5g so why am i not. Please help because we have run out of internet. Thanks

0 Kudos
Tom2222
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hint, befriend a Neighbour and ask to use their address. Billing is all done online, they won't receive anything. When you order, use a different delivery address or Parcel Collect at the PO 😉

I live 3 floors high, 250m from the tower and can see it outside my window. But because my address is listed as Commercial, which it is ground floor, it's blocked on the map, everything else around me is OK, still Optus said no.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Appreciate where you are coming from @Jellyfish12 however with 5G home broadband service the modem has to be in direct line with the mobile tower. Even a small obstructions means it won`t work. We can only provide 5G home broadband service if is under coverage and serviceable. 

You are best to speak with one of our 5G connection expert directly either via the  → messaging service or by calling them on 1300 101 693 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm (AEST) to confirm. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Tom2222
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I went for cheaper plan, but I've done streaming 3 sites at once and still see the same speeds tests. I'm happy at 100.
Only issue I've had was when a 2 day outage and they screwed with my settings on return.
There are some tweaks you can do, so check back here, such as doing a Radio Sweep and how to get around NAT for IP's only.
PING ms 16
DOWNLOAD Mbps 112.17
UPLOAD Mbps 41.36
0 Kudos
Top Contributors