cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Uskompuf
Occasional Contributor

Optus @Home app showing me within 5g tower range but can't sign up?

I am 914m away from the nearest Optus 5g tower, according to the Optus @home I should be able to get a 5g home broadband signal, however when i enter my address online I am informed 5g home broadband is not available.

Is this an error with the app and is there any possibility of signing up for this any other way?

A new tower is being built 775m away will this be close enough?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus @Home app showing me within 5g tower range but can't sign up?

Hi Uskompuk,

This is covered in this 5G Home Broadband Availability & Network information thread and for further information please follow the advice in Dan_C's response 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor CautionAhead
Occasional Contributor

They like you to be 500m or less away. SWIM is 650m away with 300+mbps
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor lcurtin
New Contributor

Hi @Ray_YC 

I am 730m away from my closet 5G tower according to the Optus @ Home app and it won't allow me to sign up.

My area has poor ADSL and no access to NBN. 

Would love to have access to the 5G home broadband 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there lcurtin,

I'm just a humble moderator for our Yes Crowd forum, 5G sales aren't my thing. 🙂 

I'm pretty sure I read a post on here recently about a similar issue, the customer spoke to Optus Sales Chat and was able to be signed up so that would be my suggestion.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors