cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus 5G serviceability

I live 700m away from my optus tower which is 5G enabled and have two 5G mobile services which get coverage and tested my friends optus Nokia Fastmile 5g mobile also and receive coverage.
But when I try to get the service I get told either online or on phone that I'm not serviceable according to their system and hence can't get this service.

Very frustrating!!!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus 5G serviceability

Hi @lcurtin, thanks  for your interest in our 5G home broadband service.

As our 5G network expands and rolls out to cover more areas, hopefully, it'll be in your area soon. I can understand you may get some coverage  using your own device but when we put your address in our system, we check how strong is the connection there and if it will sustain peak  times. Only once the system gives us a go ahead we sell the product.

You can keep on top of the 5G availability in your area here 

I hope this helps with your concerns.  If you want to discuss this again, then please feel free to chat with our techs. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus 5G serviceability

I understand your system states that, but as previously stated used a friend's service a whole weekend and never had a issue with our mobile services on 5g.

0 Kudos