Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Vshankar90
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Nokia fastmile modem static lights

Hi All

Does anyone have any idea on what these lights mean ? I tried searching but couldn't find anything

I had 6 static white lights and then I did a modem reset, which now has all lights static white and middle static red. 

What status is this. As usual Craptus support told me to look for Network outage - which was none. Getting tired of these useless answers

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Tom2222
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nokia fastmile modem static lights

What does it say under Status > Fastmile Radio when you login to the Nokia?

Look for the highlighted Red section of the image.
fastmile.jpg

Also do you have an Antenna Sweep configured on the Nokia?
Maintenance > Fastmile Radio Management
antenna.jpg

Also remember the Nokia does take a long time to boot and connect. I've had to wait sometimes 5mins for it to fully boot and connect.

0 Kudos
Vshankar90
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tom

No, its says Disconnected

screenshot (1).png

Oh its been 24 Hours 😞 

Optus has been very notorious here - Everytime You add an Xbox game pass download, the Modem just keeps rebooting and support says, keep it near window. Only thing left for me to do is, throw the modem outside. It gets worse every day

0 Kudos
Tom2222
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

On the bottom (Underneath) press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds until the device reboots.

See what that does.

0 Kudos
Vshankar90
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Tom. 

I tried it a few times, last night itself. No go 😞

Tried your suggestion on Antenna time - It was not set to anything. I now changed it to your setting 16:00 and still no go. I think the Modem is faulty - But support does not listen to me 😞

0 Kudos
Vshankar90
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

45 mins on support call and not a soul to pick up the call. Could support be any worse than this company

0 Kudos
Tom2222
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, not much else you can do, it should at least get a 4G connection if 5G is down, although you need both for 5G.

How did you contact Optus? I would ring the 5G connection expert directly 1300 and then 101 and then 693 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm (AEST) to confirm. 

Sorry for the "and then" the forum strips phone numbers. 

0 Kudos
Vshankar90
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes Tom. Thanks. Called the same line. On their IVR for past 45 mins. Man these Enterprise companies could invest more in support, but no, they want to make money of ppl - blood sucking leaches. cant wait for starlink to launch and kick these leaches out of business. Already signed for starlink. Waiting for my order to ship. Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Tom2222
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The issue is going to be that it's not connecting to anything, so they can't dive into the Nokia remotely to see what is happening.

Is there anything standing out in the log file? Maintenance > Log you might need to bump up the Level to Debug. Give a reboot before looking so you have a clean log file start.
0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

It's not great to hear that you are still having some troubles @Vshankar90.

It's also not great that you are potentially looking to leave us at this stage. 

If you do get the chance to get back to us via our Twitter page, our team will be happy to escalate this situation further for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors