Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
shawian
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Nokia Fastmile 5g firmware version?

Hi, received my new Nokia 5g Fastmile modem (replacement for one that didn't work at all).

Device status:

Device Name
5G-24W-A
Serial Number
EB194011679
Hardware Version
3TG00076AAAA
Software Version
3TG00118CBAB08
Device Running Time
1 day 4 hours 19 minutes 29 seconds 
LTE Link Status
Connected (RSRP: -99 dbm)
5G Link Status
Connected (RSRP: -88 dbm)

So far it is mostly behaving itself, not rebooting. However can't get better than orange on the 4g light and orange on the 5g symbol, with the 5g symbol often not showing at all.

Is this the latest firmware? I've seen other posts referring to ...BAD52

0 Kudos
4 Replies
flying_squid
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Nokia Fastmile 5g firmware version?

That looks like the original firmware.
The modem should eventually update to BAD52 automatically. With those signal strengths your recieving those lights should be green on the Modem. My modem is green with similar signal strength. You will find your 5G signal light will turn on and off from time to time as its being used as mine does but it still works fine. Previously on my old firmware i only got a green signal if i was under 85 RSRP.
flying_squid
Contributor
Contributor

Im unable to edit my previous post but i forgot to mention the signal strength lights were green / improved after the update. Before that they were yellow unless RSRP was les than 85. Now even up to 100 odd its still green.
shawian
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Mystery solved. After leaving the modem running for 7 days, I manually pressed the reset button to reboot it. The 5g light had been off for two days at that point.

The modem rebooted, and I immediately logged in to view the log and found it had requested a download of new firmware. Shortly after, it logged me out of the modem, and presented me with a login screen, this time with a black background rather than a white one. I logged in to find it had updated to new firmware, ...BAD52.

Also of note: the 5g light is now on and green, the 4g light is on and green, and the white light showing which antenna is being used is also on.

Device Info
Device Name
5G-24W-A
Serial Number
EB194011679
Hardware Version
3TG00076AAAA
Software Version
3TG00118ABAD52
Device Running Time
1 days 0 hours 12 minutes 4 seconds
LTE Link Status
Connected (RSRP: -99 dBm)
5G Link Status
Connected (RSRP: -87 dBm)

Curiously the modem had been running for 7 days and had not tried to udpate itself. Only when I did the reset did it do the update.
0 Kudos
sysAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem upgrading to BAD52.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors