cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

No 5G or 4G network

Hi there,

I had a bad experience with Optus in 2017 while switching TPG to Optus NBN and ended up cancelling it and returning the device.

Back luck again happened when I decided to switch my Telstra mobile to Optus. On 19th evening I visited Penrith Optus store and signed for the new mobile plan and ported Telstra to Optus. The sales guy offered me a 25% discount on mob plan if the sign for 5G home internet. He checked my address and confirmed the 5G is available in my address. 

Telstra 4G was giving me around 100+ Mbps inside my home on 4G and there is no Optus 5G inside my home and the 5G outside my home on Speedtest was 4.48/0.29 Mbps. Unfortunately, as per Optus 5G coverage information, there is no 5G Home in my address and the modem is always on red status light near the window.

With my previous experience with Optus, I shouldn't have given you another chance. This is frustrating. Most of the time there is only 3G network on my mobile at home and I signed for the highest speed plan manly for faster streaming.

Can you please tell me how can I cancel both plans without any penalties?

Cheers,

Manoj

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: No 5G or 4G network

Hi @ManojP

Not great to hear you're having some issues with us and would like to cancel.

Have you checked out our 5G Home Internet troubleshooting: Poor or no signal support page?

Depending on your plan, there may or may not be a cancellation charge.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Top Contributors