Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Orchids4565
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Loss of inbox emails

Has y inbox  been hacked?  Has my identify been comprimised?

I am asking this question because  on Monday morning 1/4/2020 I noticed that 95% of the emails in my inbox have been deleted.  At first I thought it was something to do with data usage - but as I am a lower user Idon't think this to be the case.

Why have the majority of emails been deleted and by whom?   Where have 95% of my inbox emails gone?  Can they be retrieved?

Look forward to hearing from you

With thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Loss of inbox emails

Optus doesn't contact people via this public forum. You'll need to call them (long wait time ATM and not a priority item)

Most likely your missing emails are a glitch in Optus storage and yes most likely recoverable (they may even come back on when you log in again down the track automatically)
0 Kudos
Orchids4565
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

to: petergdownload

thank you for your reply regarding the mystery of my missing/deleted inbox emails.

regards

0 Kudos
Orchids4565
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, any more thoughts on why emails are disappearing from my inbox.  When I originally posted this issue over 95% of the inbox was wiped off.   

Now I am finding that more and more emails are disappearing with only 10 emails left in the inbox.

It is a mystery - I have not changed anything - I have checked my quote and it says:   10% of 500g used.   So why isn't the inbox holding the emails?

This is of concern, because I have now lost some very important information that was sent to me.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

with thanks

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sorry, only an Optus tech support can possibly find your emails. Unfortunately tech support has apparently been hit hardest with the shutdown. You will need to contact Optus directly to sort the issue (and even then it is not a high priority)

I would suggest you look to get a non RSP email setup ASAP (GMail). You can import your remaining Optus emails across. You also have much more controls and features in a non RSP email (and can also leave Optus one day without losing all your emails)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors