cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Home phone not working

My home telephone is not working.  I have checked all plugs and the light is working on the modem but phone calls aren't coming through.  My number is *****

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Home phone not working

What is not supported by 5G Home Internet?

The 5G Home Internet service does not support fixed line telephone, back-to-base alarm, back-to-base medical systems or a Static IP address.

0 Kudos

Re: Home phone not working

Hi there, @Bully21. Thanks for posting here on YesCrowd. Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your home phone. 

Please keep in mind this is a public online forum. The Yes Crowd team cannot access or view customer accounts/orders. Please don't post your personal details as per our  Community Guidelines. We have hidden your number to protect your information.

It seems like you've posted in our 5G Home Broadband section. Are you trying to use a home phone with this service? As per @YetAnotherAcc's comment, 5G Home Broadband does not support Fixed Line Telephone.

If you've accidentally posted in the wrong section and are talking about your NBN, Cable or ADSL service, it seems like you've already tried some troubleshooting steps which is great. I just wanted to check if you've had a look at our Network Status Map to look for any outages, faults or planned maintenance in your area that may be impacting your service? 

I recommend having a look by visiting that page and then clicking "NBN, Cable & ADSL", then inputting your address to see if anything shows up. 

I understand you've already tried some steps however, in case you missed some, I'd also recommend going through our "Can't receive calls: Fixed Phone troubleshooting" guide to see if that helps. 

If you're still facing issues after trying the above, please reach out to our 24x7 Tech Support team via Messaging in the My Optus App.

If for some reason you're unable to use the My Optus App, please send us a Private Message on our official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page and the team will be able to assist further from there.

Top Contributors