Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor mcd1977
New Contributor

5g Modem

Hi. My question is about the 5g modem. I'm about 3km from a 5g area. I understand that I won't get 5g, but if I use the 5g Nokia modem Optus are offering will it automatically drop down to 4g if it can't access the 5g network? That is, will the 5g modem also work on the Optus 4g network. Thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 5g Modem

Hey @mcd1977 ! 

It will connect to the best available network, so if there's no 5G in your area it can connect to the 4G/LTE backup. Make sure you check with sales to ensure once your area is covered with 5G so they can get you connected. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor mcd1977
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for replying. Is there someway to turn off the 5g capabilities and run it solely on 4g? If there's the slightest 5g signal it's trying to use that over 4g and is providing slow speeds. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@mcd1977

The product is intended for use on the Optus 5G Network. If you've followed the setup instructions and you still can't find an area in your home with sufficient 5G coverage, we wouldn't be meeting our 50Mbps satisfaction guarantee

"During the term of your 5G Home Broadband plan, if you're not receiving speeds of at least 50 Mbps, or you're unable to receive a 5G signal, report the issue to us. " 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos