Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Brian98
New Contributor
New Contributor

5G

Telstra shows 5G home broadband being available at my home address in Coogee, NSW.  Why am I still waiting for Optus to supply this facility?  I have been an Optus wireless customer for over 3 years!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: 5G

Hey there, @Brian898. 

The 5G rollout is certainly a work in progress and I get that you are keen to utilise the network. 

The 5G Internet service is only available in selected areas on the Optus 5G Network with the modem supplied by Optus. There may be technical or other reasons that affect your ability to access the service at your address. The service qualification check is an indication that you are within 5G coverage, it does not guarantee that your address is 5G serviceable.

We recommend keeping an eye on our Optus 5G Page  for updates as they become available. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Brian98Optus will not give you a proper answer here as yescrowd has Optus support staff who deal with support issues, not Optus commercial issues as to where to roll out 5G to or when to do it.

I am not aware of any way of finding out a valid answer to your question, unless you know someone who is high up in Optus.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"Telstra shows 5G home broadband being available at my home address in Coogee, NSW. "

The 5G network will take around a decade to build. Different companies are building in different areas. Next suburb over might have Optus 5G and no Telstra 5G. All you can do is wait (or get in touch with Telstra?) and eventually the gaps will all be filled in.
0 Kudos