cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

5G uploads slow

Hi There

For over 1 week now my 5G Home Broadband has experienced slow up load speeds, 2mbps to 4.5mbps, it previously was between 30mbps to 50mbps.

Downloads are still good, between 50mbps to 170mbps.

Unfortunately the slow uploads aren't helping with video conferencing and  file upload.

I have a green "5G" and good reception on the Nokia Modem.

Is there an issue? Surely it's not suppose to be this bad?

Stephen

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: My Optus app troubleshooting tips

HI

@Ray_YC I'm trying to use the App but it won't recognise me because I am a 5G home user and keeps wanting to send me an sms for pin?

Any suggestion as I can't get help on the phone?

Thanks

Stephen

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there Stephen,

My suggestion would be the last sentence of the troubleshooting tips post 🙂 Mention to the team you're unable to use the My Optus app.

Please also see our 5G Home Broadband troubleshooting help and support page.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Ray_YC  Thanks for the reply. My account was unlinked to my log on, the guys through FB messenger helped me and sorted it out.

That has been fixed now.

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Glad to hear it, thanks very much for returning to Yes Crowd to let us know the Social Media got it all sorted promptly. ☺️ 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My Optus App sorted and account.

I'm still trying to sort out the slow upload speed through the App.

Thanks

Stephen

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm the same, i get varying down speeds of 150-330. upload is total trash at 1.5-4. My mobile phone with poor reception using 4g, Optus as well, gets 10 up.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: 5G uploads slow

Hi,

My Optus App issue was resolved but not my upload speed!

I've had the 5G home internet since Feb 1 and it has been great, support has been good.

I was getting 50mbps to 170mbps download and 25 to 50 mbps upload. Great!

I get Green LED and 5G lit up, grey LED pointing to my closest tower.

2.5 week ago (15th April) my upload speed has dropped to 2mbps to 4.5mbps! Never goes above 4.5, even at 2am! Download is around 50mbps but does go higher at times.

This is worse than NBN.

Support has sent new SIM card, exactly the same upload bandwidth.

Support say it is congestion, went into a store, they say it is congestion and it is over subscribed?

@Optus I can not believe it would be under 5mbps consistently as not everyone would be uploading at the same time.

@Optus Have you capped all upload bandwidth? It was all ok until 2.5 wks ago?

This is making uploading very hard and slow and sometimes just times out?

Answers would be nice and a time frame of when things will improve?

Thanks
Stephen

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am having exactly the same issue. upload speeds used to be good, now they are under 1mbs. Its hopeless and videoconferencing is breaking up. 

Anyone any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Optus can you please look into slow upload speeds urgently..they are really really really really slow now. 0.6mbs

0 Kudos
Top Contributors