cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

5G Nokia Modem routers keeps failing

In the past days, i am not only lost 5G signal on my Nokia modem, now i am not even getting solid green dot on my modem. 

It also keeps rebooting so many times in an hour and i lost count already.

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: 5G Nokia Modem routers keeps failing

Hi @Herry7058 it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues with your 5G service. We recommend keeping across our Network Status page, which provides up-to-date faults and works that may be impacting your service. You can also register for updates by clicking on the respective mobile tower, and then selecting “Log a fault”.

We also have a range of troubleshooting steps that may help with 5G faults.

If the issue still persists, please contact our 5G Technical Support team on → 1300 101 693 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm (AEST) to assist you further.

New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey Herry7058.

I ran into this issue recently and only way to sort of have it self-connect back to 5G (instead of 4G the green dot you're referring to).

You can have the Nokia modem do a 'radio sweep' which will force the modem to search for the 5G tower again.

Log into the Nokia Modem itself, choose 'Maintenance' on the top bar, then click 'FastMile Radio Management'.

You then enter in the time format you want the modem to sweep for the 5G tower again.

(eg: 13:30 = 1:30pm) - I have had to set this up to do this every 30mins in the last week since the issue started.

hope this helps.

Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I do 2am, radio quiet zone.

Considering turning it off, I have 3 towers near me, it picks a different one each day.

No speed issues though

0 Kudos
Top Contributors