Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SteveAndBelle
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: 5G Nokia Modem - Restricted control

Yes, I've got mine into Bridge mode last night using 'webmentors' hack above (massive thanks BTW!!) and its actually working well for general browsing & streaming however I don't know enough about what else is required as the modem is now only getting a private IP address as its external address, not a proper external address and that's obviously causing other issues inc Port Forward of IP security cameras.

Pretty sure it's only something very basic but again I don't understand this stuff enough to know exactly what to try. I'm at work today but I'm busting to get home to start testing various settings one-by-one but know that will take many hours so it'd be a lot easier if I could get some idea of what else to look at before I start barking up the wrong tree. Should I look for other NAT & Passthrough settings first just in case they weren't changed when selecting Bridge mode?

Anyone?
0 Kudos
Sorzai
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_C  So it's been a while now since we have any updates on this any further news on at least having Bridge mode on the Nokia 5G modem? or if this is in the pipeline for a not so far distance??

0 Kudos
George_YC

Hey @Sorzai. No updates on this feature yet. Not to worry, I have passed on the feedback to the relevant teams for further review. George

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
wrxmy99
New Contributor
New Contributor

Still get NAT clashes with my Apple Airport hub even after the HTML hack and Bridge Mode saved on the Ethernet WAN interface on the Nokia device.

Ended up putting the Airport into bridge mode instead turning off DHCP and NAT on it (as per the other 2 airports already are that are scattered around the house) and restoring the Nokia to factory defaults.

If anyone works out how to properly enable Bridge Mode without NAT on the Nokia then let me know!

Cheers

0 Kudos
Knar
New Contributor
New Contributor

Not really solved I would say.  Bridge mode and other basic features are still greyed out.  I just came of the phone with Optus and it was clear that they have no idea .  There standard reply deals with bridge mode for Mesh networks (two or more nokias in wirelss mesh) not with bridge mode towards other routers eg Ubiquiti etc.

0 Kudos