Occasional Contributor

Re: 5G Home Broadband explained | What you need to know

Can you tell me which VPN you use? That might help me, help you 🙂

0 Kudos
vk3col
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 5G Home Broadband explained | What you need to know

Certainly not as bad of an experience as you, but it is pretty bad all the same. Weekends are great, during the week is as slow as a wet week. On the net generally it is fast, but connecting to Webmail and doing anything once there is beyond hopeless. I am at the point of passing it to the Ombudsman as I will be refusing to pay out the contract as they have not kept their part of the bargain. I can't see the tower from my place and go through a wall and probably a window before getting to the tower which would be about 750M from me surrounded by trees. Thanks for your reply and good to see that I am not alone in this experience.

0 Kudos
BuddyTheKelpie
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: 5G Home Internet explained | What you need to know

Hi! So the closest 'tower' is on top of our building/apartment (literally). I am wondering how that would affect my experience as I really wont be able to 'point the white light in the direction of the nearest tower'. 

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @BuddyTheKelpie

From experience, this shouldn't be an issue for you 5G Connection. Your best bet is to check your address here and this will provide you a better indication. 

Our team will also be in contact to provide support and set-up whilst you have this so you should be in good hands. 

If there is troubles, our 5G Experts can be reached on 1300 101 693 between 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 9am - 5pm Saturday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
BuddyTheKelpie
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you! I will surely give an update when i receive my unit so everyone with the same scenario also has this information. 

0 Kudos
MichaelPeter
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I like using the 5G Modem, it is much better than the NBN. I've updated my iPhone to iOS 14. I'm now informed that the highest level of security in the Modem Settings is poor or insecure. I have discovered that the bank app on my phone that connected through the modem won't connect any more, but will connect with wi-fi turned off. Is the modem update feature hidden from end users? Nokia can't inform me what the current software version is and suggests I contact the carrier. What can I do to help myself please?
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @MichaelPeter, you will need to look into your 5G modem settings for more details. Please refer to this → support page for more info.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
MichaelPeter
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kartika,

How do i find out more information about changing the modem settings please?

I've looked at every page and explored the side bar on each toolbar choice.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @MichaelPeter, you first get the modem IP address. This can be located on the sticker at the bottom of the modem. Something like https://192.168.1.254. Enter this in a web browser. The login details are also on the sticker. Once you are in this is the modem settings page.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
MichaelPeter
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kartika, I’ve done this. I’ve read all the information about how to access the modem & what can be changed. I want to increase the security of the wi-fi signal to the current standard as the original settings are now considered weak by my apple devices.
Top Contributors