cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: 5G Home Broadband explained | What you need to know

Ray, I have done everything but the APP isn't working for me at all - no service is coming up in the APP. I go into My Optus account and the order (even though it was ordered on the 16th of March and the hardware was delivered in about a week) is still sitting there with the Service Activation still 'in progress'. The order# 143091765A is not activated and has been sitting useless for over 6 weeks.

Tried call Optus support as per instructions from my local Optus store (prior to them shutting down) and was on hold for 1 and half hours and had to hang up.

This is severely affecting the ability to WFH for two essential workers and a studnet working from home.

Please provide some urgent assistance.

Cheers Stuart

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just a heads up Stuart as per the red advisory message on the right when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details specifying you're unable to use the Optus app.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ray, just send PM lets see how that goes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I bought mine instore Sunday 3/5/2020. Got it home all excited to get started, changing from 4G Optus to 5G Optus. Nothing worked 5G or 4G, constant red light. Could get no help from any tech person on Sunday. Rang Monday the phone number from app and through to 5G tech help. All fixed the sim card needed to be registered to my account and some advice as to tower direction from my home, direction finder on app had me pointing in completely the other direction. I don't think tech support works on weekends?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Yesno,

Tech support is available 24x7

Disappointing to read you didn't get the help needed initially but pleased to hear it was resolved on your next attempt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your response.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

This comment is absolute rubbish. I have now been on 5G for about four months now and only have two gripes, one is unrelated to 5G. My modem is in a room in the centre of the house and must go through a plastered wall, then a brick wall before heading to the nearest tower. I can't see the tower from my place at all as it is in a heavily timbered area. My download speed is 256 mbps, but upload is generally only about 6 mbps. My only other gripe is that Optusnet does not know what a VPN is and refuses me access to email while running it. If anyone knows of a setting that can get me around this it would be greatly appreciated (I am using Thunderbird).

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I know the answer but you can go yourself
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks heaps, that was great help Smart Arse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus 5G Home Broadband - Not quite ready for prime-time (Inner East Sydney)

To anyone considering Optus 5G Home Broadband, with all due respect to others. It is going to be dependent on your geographical situation and location of the tower. Like many here, I too have faced issues, and have opted to cancel the service after trialing it for 3 weeks. I signed up for a 24 month contract (with 1 free month) But, due to the terrible drop-outs and speed drops, I cannot bear it. I really did not have the problems with Optus 4G Home Broadband that I have with Optus 5G Home Broadband. I am inner east Sydney. I have detailed my experience here https://www.reddit.com/r/Optus5GHomeBroadband/. Again, as an early adopter, I don't begrudge the service, it just was not for me. When it was good, it was great. But, when it was bad, it was terrible. Please read my experience over @ reddit, and make a decision that is right for you.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors