Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Pranad2
Occasional Contributor

5G Home Broadband

2E1C6874-D8C4-48B8-9F3D-E6960639DE01.pngI put my address in the 5g home broadband address availability checker, it said I can have 5g the next day I go to purchase it and it doesn’t recognize my address, it thinks it doesn’t exist.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Contributor Tigers1719
Contributor

Re: 5G Home Broadband

I would contact Optus Sales during Business hours to confirm your availability.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Your best bet is to visit your local Optus Store. They have all the equipment you need to walk in and walk out on the spot with 5G.

Also I recommend you remove your image as it provides your home address to everyone.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

As the guys have already mentioned, contact our sales team or visit us in-store. Our internal 5G service qualification tool is updated on a near daily basis. 

They'll be able to confirm whether the address is indeed serviceable. If your address is not currently serviceable, we may not be able to give you an exact serviceability time-frame. 

In saying that, once you complete a service check online and you receive a negative serviceability result, you'll be prompted to register your interest.

We'll send you an email or SMS once your address is 5G Home Broadband Ready,

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor CautionAhead
Occasional Contributor

Don't put much faith in the address search function online. Just go into the shop (don't call anyone at Optus) and look an actual human in the eye. I've seen a 5G phone work in an 'unserviced area' (though the map shows the 5G cloud over the address)

This triggered the next experiment, plugged in the Nokia 5G modem, double Green Lights and 380Mbps without skipping a beat.

I'm not sure why they would want to undersell a solid product....

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I went in store they couldn't help me, he said he didn't want to sell me a product that might not work.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I did go on Optus online chat, and they were able to make an order for me, the modem is on the way.
Also do the Modem and the sim come separately?
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Good persistence, it works on 4G anyway, you'll still get good speed if the 5G fails. Plus they do a month rain check based on guaranteed 50mbps which is a pretty low bar, you should smash that. They come plug n play, just follow the install card.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I was reading a reply for some one else's, question about 5g and they said that the 4g backup is not unlimited.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Complete fabrication, read the CIS it says you will revert to 4G+ where available, no mention of download limits, shaping or throttling. It's an unlimited plan and I confirmed this well communicated fallacy when I inked the contract. It pays to read the service guarantee as well, it's pretty good
0 Kudos