Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Sorzai
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

5G Home Broadband with Unifi Security Gateway

Hi There,

I am yet to receive my 5G modem, however I’m trying to figure out if I am able to connect it into my Unifi Dream Machine Pro and which controls my multiple wireless access points throughout my house which is spread over 3 storeys? 

From what I have read the Nokia modem supplied by Optus doesn’t seem to have bridging mode so I would like to know if anyone has managed to make this work?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: 5G Home Broadband with Unifi Security Gateway

Hey @Sorzai, in order to connect to the 5G network- you will require the modem. We would be more than happy to provide an update on your order status. 

If you could please send through your reference number over onto our 24/7 Messenger Teams over on the Optus App, we will run some checks and get back to you with some more information

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Sorzai
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Tuong_YC  Thanks for the concern, my order/modem will be arriving tomorrow from Optus, my main concern is will it work with my Unifi network gear which is a more professional setup than most residential services in many houses therefore I would like to know if anyone has experience setting it up.

0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

No worries @Sorzai- we are unable to advise on third party devices however once the modem arrives, just follow the activation prompts and you will be able to connect to the 5G network soon after

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@SorzaiTry whirlpool.net to see if anyone else has got t working like you want.

Another thing to try is to search yescrowd to see if anyone has got it working in bridge mode or if Optus was able to help with bridges mode for anyone.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors